Saturday, October 8, 2011

Slow Down

I took a trip down memory lane and read through some of my old blogs. As I was reading and memorising I noticed a common theme in each blog ... I was always in a hurry, we were always busy and time was always flying. Though that it still true today, I have found time to slow down thanks to Taber. I had my reality check that kids grow up fast and you never get that time back. I was a royal mess with Deegan when he was a baby. I was always worried that he was off schedule, that he was had not rolled over yet and thinking, "wont it be fun when he gets old enough to ..." Now I have a 2 year old and he is no longer a baby but a toddler. He repeats everything, has an incredible imagination and makes us laugh with his crazy antics.
I have learned to slow down and soak up Little T-man because I know he too will be a toddler soon and I will be left with only baby pictures. I am more patient at 3:00am when he wakes up for his pacifier or wants a bottle. I love burping him and when he looks up at me he smiles it melts my heart. He is my little monkey-buddy.
3 month picture (though he is 4 months today ... I will get working on that picture).
That pacifier has caused some tension and I am about ready to chuck it out the window. Why has a head strap not been invented? It may not be humane but it would certainly be practical!
Love his little personality.
Pretty sure this one looks like his mama!
We had family pictures done a few weeks ago and they turned out great. Now, I have only seen 5 pictures total (sneak peak) but from what I have seen, I am very pleased.


Moral of this post; slow down and soak it all up because I will never get this time back.

No comments:

Post a Comment