Sunday, June 24, 2012

Something has to Give

I clearly have not blogged in ages. Not for a lack of trying. I have struggled lately to be all things to all people and in this battle I keep forgetting someone important ... myself. I truly love my job and get validation through my work but there have been some changes within the organization.  During this time of flux, I have been asked to do a lot more work on top of my normal duties. I thought I could keep up, but even my supreme time management skills cannot hold up to this test. 

On top of that, I am a mother (in case you didn't already know). I come home, cook, clean, play and love. It is my favorite time of day. But when those little monkey's go to bed its back to work. Did I mention I am a wife? Well that duty has gone off to the waste side. A date night is definitely needed because we do not even have time to talk between our travels and late night work duties. Thank god I have the most supporting and understanding husband because I have been going 100 miles/minute and I could drive most men nuts with this act. 

I need to find time for myself. I need to find time to go grocery shopping, maybe to a store or work out. I see light at the end of the tunnel but until then I plan to give, give, give. 


Deegan and Bumpa at breakfast. Silly smile.

I found my old doll in the basement with a bunch of staff my dad brought over. We dressed it up and Taber thought it was great to have another baby in the house.  

 Showing a little love

 All smiles. Taber is always up for a laugh

My boys turned 3 and 1 in the last month as well. It was the fastest year of my life and frankly, the best. 

Deegan and I on his 3rd birthday. So handsome 

Chalk on hands plus an itch = the Joker 

 I am behind ... her is 11 months ... forgot about 10 months

 Heim

For Father's Day weekend we went to the cabin. It was beautiful and the boys had a great time. I sent Eric off on a 2 hour kayak ride (by himself ... he needed some dadda time) and I took the boys on the boat. It was AWESOME! 


I am in trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment