Thursday, December 11, 2014

Busy People


We have been on the move! We definitely considered having 3 children but going back to 'the beginning', with diapers and lack of sleep, combined with my fear of sports logistics is coming to fruition. How do 2 little people keep us so busy?! We have swim 2 days a week but of course I go in the morning with Taber and then back with both boys in the evening. We also have basketball and just finished soccer. I have friends and family telling me that I should take a break or cut the number of activities but I just cannot do it. I love what sports teach you and Eric and I firmly believe they shape a person. Not to mention, it burns a ton of energy so they are not running around my house like crazy people!




Halloween has to be one of the boy's favorite days ... just behind Christmas for obvious reasons. Deegan was a Power Ranger this year (not sure how he got the idea because he has never seen the show) and Taber, sweet Taber, wanted to be a kitty (his alter ego). It was hard to find a cat costume so I just bought ears and a tail at Walmart for $5 and planned to put him in all black. Easy enough ... until I procrastinated and went looking for a black shirt 2 days before Halloween. Come to find out, lots of costumes require a black shirt. I went to 7 stores and finally settled for a girls shirt at Target (2nd time there). Apparently, a black shirt is not a black shirt. Taber looked like a little girl and Eric was NOT having it! HA! Luckily, Grandma Donna had been on the hunt for a boys cat costume and found one the day before and came to our rescue. He pretty much wears it daily so I would consider it a good buy and my cheap method was a waste. 


 Costume #1 ... The Girl Cat

Eric has told me that I have lost my sense of humor because I did not think his costume was funny. It will take you a minute to get but once you do, you can be the judge. 

 We hosted our annual block Halloween Party. The crew is getting bigger and bigger. Families are expanding, the kids are growing and new neighbors keep joining the crew. When it was all said and done, we probably had 50+ people at our house. It made for a fun clean-up the next day. 

Much better cat costume. I did not let the cheap costume go to waste though ... I was the mama cat! 

Brothers ... in a box ... for sale! Takers? 

This appears to be lunch but it is actually Deegan's after school/before basketball SNACK! Oh good grief, the teenage years are going to get expensive. Eric's grandmother made him French toast every morning, then he ate at school, came home for a steak and potato snack (SNACK), went to soccer and then came home for dinner with dessert. Times that by 2 boys and my grocery bill is going to be crazy big. Country buffet is not going to seem like such a rip off :)

They found old laundry baskets (seriously old ... my name was written in one from middle school). I am not sure why I buy them toys sometimes. 

Thanksgiving 2014 

We seem to go on a family vacation every Thanksgiving with my dad and family. It has been that way since I was in High School. Last year was Costa Rica and this year was supposed to be Cabo ... until the hurricanes hit and wiped out our hotel! We thought our vacation dream was over until Karolyn pulled a cruise together last minute. Not sure how she did it because it was a lot of work and information gathering and coordinating but it worked out for 11 of us to go including my 90 yr old grandma. The AMAZING part about this trip is that we only forgot 1 minor thing compared to years past; passports, bathing suits, underwear, etc. Eric for got his razor but luckily I had extra refills and we made it work. We also were able to pack ourselves into 2 bags, each weighing 49.5lbs. That takes some skills!!!

 Come to find out, having an old person in a wheel chair on a cruise is like having one in Disney World. We got to cut thru some insane boarding lines with my grandmother. Taber and I were supposed to share her handicap room while Eric and Deegan were supposed to stay next door. We ended up pirating her room and stuck her in the tiny room. HA! She actually preferred it so we went with it. 

 Taber soaking it in and listening to the band. 

 Evan and I at dinner after we boarded the ship. 

 The boat was rocking ... seriously. I have been on 8 cruises and consider myself seasoned, but this was by far the roughest ride. One night, I literally thought we were going down. I started planning out our evacuation plan and how I was gong to get us out alive. Karolyn thought about tying her purse to her wrist so that the authorities would know whose body it was when they found it and dad ate out the mini fridge because he was not sure how long we would be floating in the sea (did not want to be hungry). Then there was Evan ... he just puked. HA!

Of course during check-in (craziest time) Deegan pulls his 2nd tooth out of his head and is bleeding every where. I walked around with that tooth in my hand for 2 hours! 


 My worldly travelers. Not a bad breakfast view from our balcony. 

In Jamaica we took Courtney and Jerry zip lining and tubing. I considered a 2 for 1 because Eric also got a vasectomy from the harness! HA!


 They tied the tubes together ... kinda lame. 


 The kids got to swim with the dolphins and freaking loved it!!! Of course they would not allow you to take your own pictures. Theirs cost $45 for 1 picture. I refused to pay that much so unfortunately we do not have any to share. 

 Dark babies. They love the ocean.





 This was so sweet. Deegan was trying to show Nanny his iPad game and kept his head against her head as he explained. 

 This looks like a hot mess. Actually, it was pretty darn cold. I took the picture wearing pants, a sweater, and wrapped in a towel. 

This is how we roll in the airport 

No comments:

Post a Comment