Friday, February 26, 2010

9 Months

Can you believe the most handsome boy in the world is 9 months old?! It amazes us, but he continues to get cuter by the day ... or at least in our eyes. We are just a little obsessed with our child. OK OK - we are maybe more then 'just a little,' he consumes our lives.

Mommy and Bug shared a birthday this time around ... best birthday in history even though I was playing nurse Florance Nightengale (I'll go into details later). Of course I got a balloon for my birthday and Bug could not have been happier for me ;) This kid LOVES balloons ... he even shakes with excitement. I am sure you are all curious to know if he is mobile and the answer is NOPE. I have come to the conclusion I will be carrying him to his high school classes because he is perfectly content to just sit. He does have a jumper and the kid can rock its world so there is hope!

We went to Deegan's 9 month appointment this week and he is shrinking! Ok, maybe he is not shrinking but he is not extraordinarily large anymore. He is now in the 50% for height - 28.5inches (I guess there are some mama genes in that kid), 5% for weight - 17.5lbs (yes, I do feed him) and his head is in the 25% (thank god he does not have grandpa's head circumference). Good news, there were no shots at this appointment! YIPPEE!

Daddy calls this look "crazy eyes"

He can scoot backwards ... I guess we all have to start somewhere.

Eric got a nose job to look like Michael Jackson's because he was so heartbroken about his death .......... JK! He had surgery to correct his deviated septum so that he can breath properly. It ended up being a very intense surgery with a LONG recovery. For 2 weeks he could not bend over and was VERY needy. I had to take care of 2 babies and he was the harder of the 2. Get me this, fill that, etc., got a little old and for those of you who know me, I have very little patience and empathy. I just tried to keep him drugged because it was better for our marriage. HA! The hardest part for the both of us was the fact he could not hold Deegan because he is 'sir-grabs-alot' and wanted to yank the cast from Eric' nose. We are finally over the hump and Eric can help out again ... Good Grief, he owes me big time!

I thought this was funny ... it looks like we have a puppy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment