Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello Strangers

Yes, it has been awhile friends since I have last posted a blog ... and that is not due to being lazy! We have been sooooo busy the last few weeks that I have not found anytime to get onto the computer to share what has been going on.
Just to catch you up, we were able to rent out our townhome (and moved out with only 2 weeks notice ... oh did I mention Eric had to travel 8 of those 14 days and we had Deegan's First Birthday party in the middle?) On top of that, our new house is behind schedule so we are currently living back in Highlands Ranch with my mom for the next month or so. We also started Deegan in a new daycare (which we LOVE) and now have to commute from Highlands Ranch, down to Castle Rock to drop him off and then back to HR or the Tech Center (depends who drives). Ummmm, well ... that is just a sample of the craziness we call life in the Heim Household. I know there has been much more but I am too tired to remember.
On a positive note, we are all doing great! Deegan is growing and developing so fast that I just want to pause life so that I can enjoy and remember every moment. He is my tall skinny at only 19 lbs and 32 inches long (I think that is correct for the height). He has Eric and I wrapped around his little finger and it just might be my favorite place to be!
I did have to go in chronological order for this post because I was so far behind and I needed an organizational method :)
It was little Giana's birthday a couple weeks before Deegan's so we went up to Fort Collins to celebrate with the Meglan's. It is amazing that we were once taking pictures of our bellies and now we have two amazing little people and Julia has another on the way ... 6 weeks away! Pray for her!!!

Oh the daddy's! I am pretty sure Giana is giving the stink eye in this picture. Girlfriend knows she needs to keep those Heim's in check.

Good grief ... I am in love with the most handsome boys ever!

Julia and I with the babies ... hard to believe what happens in 1 year.

Some of Bug's favorite things: Eric and I and not sure why our child has so many toys because he really does not need them. Why you ask? Well, any household item will do ... or as shown above, a sun beam can be at leaset 30 minutes of fun. He would try to touch it, crawl through it and eat it. El Retardo!

I am pretty sure Eric and I are on the phone too much with Deegan around because he is always immitating us. We finally had to go buy him his own phone because ours were taking a beating!

Bug LOVES ice cream! Not sure if that happened because I ate so much of it while pregnant or if it is just genetic but this was his first trip to the ice cream store. Funny thing is he and Grandpa Chris have the same goatie ... down to the color!!!

LALALA just eating ice cream with my pinkie in the air!

Bug found it fun climbing in and out of the cabinets while we were packing.

Puppy dog needs a 3rd hand!

Foods in our hair make for crazy hair!

He thought it was funny to look at us upside down ... and I guess you could say we found it funny too.

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!
He didn't love the cake or frosting but found the fork very entertaining and that is what made for such a mess. It was a great party with friends and family ... we could not be more blessed.
I just loved this silly smile!

Did I mention another one of Bug's favorite things was a broom? He tried to bring that thing with him everywhere ... even his tent.

Trying to crawl with it behind the ottoman but it was not going as planned ... hence grumpy face.

Daddy Interruption!!! Mommy was too tired to finish this posting, so Daddy is taking over. Although he (or I) will be speaking in both 1st and 3rd person, best of luck keeping up with that!
Oh ... another one of Bug's favorite things: a suitcase! As we were packing our clothes for the move we got all of our suite cases out...

For some reason Daddy decided to 'drive' him around on the suitcase for about 5 minutes, tried taking him off and was introduced to a whole new kind of temper tantrum. Needless to say, Deegan did everything short of sleep on the suitcase that night!

Thirsty?

For some reason Daddy was trying not to prove he is not getting chubby, and squeezing into the baby pool with Deegan was somehow supposed to prove this point???

Deegan's 1st time in his baby pool, LOVES IT!!!

After 5 minutes... he REALLY LOVES it!!!

Daddy said he tried hard one morning to get pictures of Deegan with his '12 months' sticker on his chest. Since he doesn't sit still anymore, it must have been harder than it sounds...

At least in this one your can read the '12 month' sticker, well, sort of...

And lastly, our new house is well on it's way. Of couse with any construction project there has been a few minor issues, but after talking to the correct supervisor, all is taken care of and our stress level has dropped dramatically. This pictures is a couple weeks old, so hopefully we can get a new one soon, as of this week it has siding, garage doors, etc.
We are looking forward to moving into our new home, and will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment