Sunday, July 18, 2010

No Rest for the Weary


I know this sounds like a common theme, but holy cow we do not have any spare time! Between getting ready for the new house, vacations and an increased work demand I am surprised we find time to see each other!


This summer is flying by and we are about ready to close on our new house. To be exact we close in 10 days (July 29th) and we could not be more excited. Of course I am a perfectionist and want everything in its place and the right color immediately but I am pretty sure we will not find the time or money to make it happen. I'll just have to load up on some vitamins to chill down my OCD!


On another note, I have decided it is way easier to post more frequently then 1 large post once a month. Way too much happens and I end up spending hours putting this together because that darn OCD kicks in and I have to post in order. With that said, I cordially invite you to catch up on our lives over the last month!

We have a water baby! I had another picture of him that was adorable but I accidentally deleted it and could not find the will to add it back because it is a pain in the butt. Soooo, this will do but please know ... not as cute!

Oh the things we do to make Bug happy. Grandma even sticks her face in 'pee pool' to blow bubbles ... now that is love!


It was raining one day and Deegan loved it. We would dip him in and out of the drops and he just laughed.



He has some long hairs in this photo. It was time for a hair cut a few weeks ago but the kid does not sit still. I would prefer long hair over a lost ear. We DID FINALLY find a place that does a great job with kids (and Daddy) so we have this hair under control now.


Happy with my baby


Deegan has issues with textures and grass is one of those textures he does not like. his face and body posture paints the perfect picture. Daddy was torturing his baby by setting him down in the grass and mom just took it a step further by taking a picture.


This is Bug eating Grandma's nice and expensive, decorative balls that bleed dye all over his mouth. He thinks when we say no it is a game ... this could be an issue.


MUSH DADDY! MUSH!


We think it is pretty fun to ride around the yard in our wagon. Please ignore my white legs ... they did get tanner when we went to FL (you will see shortly).


Dancing with Grandpa


For Father's Day we went out to breakfast then to a park to swing and play on the slide. Here is a family pic.


Our baby MONKEY


El RETARDO!


This is my fearless HEIM child that just climbs up to the slide, swings his feet around and goes for it without any support. God help me and the countless doctors we will be visiting.


Monkey see; Monkey do... Deegan started to eat his Crayon and Daddy quickly followed!

Bugs first date. I knew he would always love me more then any other girl!

First LolliPop


We went to Fort Lauderdale over the 4th of July to visit my grandparents and aunt, uncle and cousins. Deegan loved the ocean though this face really does not show it. The only problem was blowing bubbles. That water tastes BAD and he kept trying to get the salt water off his tongue.


Floating out to Sea


Hanging out with grandpa in the CALM water.


Bug and Eric loved Grandpa's wheel chair ... anything with an engine will do.


Eric checking the temperature. Pretty sure it is perfect.


Remember my texture comment above, well sand happens to be one of those textures he hates as well. We had to fill a baby pool with fresh water and set it on the sand 10 ft from the ocean. What we do for this child is unbelievable!



View from our room


Bug loves dessert and does best when he eats it with a straw ;)


Bug being silly with Grandma



The week we got back from FL was a crazy one. I had 2 HUGE presentations and Eric was swamped then on top of that Bug got sick. We ended up going to the ER because his fever was so high. It turns out he had a double ear infection so we got some medicine and some more drugs and off we went to our cabin the following weekend. He did not feel awesome but was definitely a trooper.


We went on the boat and Deegan thought the life vest was ridiculous! It was a little too big and was squeezing his checks. It looked hilarious but made for a grumpy baby.



We were enjoying our selves but get a load of grump master flex and those poor cheeks!


This was pre life vest so he was a little more pleasant but really just wanted to get in the water.


Get a load of that snot-bubble! I was soooo impressed and it was pretty darn funny to see it inflate then deflate. Poor sick baby hanging out in long johns and a monkey sweater.


This is Miss Penny who is the newest addition to the Schillinger Family. My dad and step mom bought her a few weeks ago and you should see her and Deegan go at it. Penny has a sock fetish, specifically baby socks!


FINALLY, our house is almost complete! YIPPEE! The paint color is not what we expected but we can change that sometime down the road. We are just super excited to move into our new home.

1 comment:

  1. I love catching up on you guys. Deegan is adorable. I'm sure he'll be the best big brother! :)

    ReplyDelete