Monday, April 6, 2009

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

Well the last 3 weeks have been nuts for us and there is no sign of slowing down! Here is a run down on our lives: 3 weekends ago I had my baby shower. It was wonderful and we received more gifts then we ever thought possible! I felt horrible that everyone had to sit there for hours watching me open up gifts (my reasoning is that I really do not like watching people open gifts). At least they ate cake during that time and it was AWESOME and I would have thought so too, not being pregnant. I only wish I could have chatted with everyone more ... I just tried to make the rounds! Anyone that attended: THANK YOU sooooo much! Eric, Deegan and I really appreciate every ones generosity - we are so blessed to have great family and friends.


The next weekend (at 32 weeks) I met Eric in Seattle for the weekend. He had an all woman's trade show/conference to go to where he handed out candy to thousands of women. I think they sent him because he is tall, dark and handsome and the women would come to his booth :) I did go and help for a little and walked around. The best part was his booth was next to Dryers Ice Cream so, yes ... I was eating ice cream at 10:00am! We lucked out with the weather: it was rainy on Saturday, but beautiful on Sunday (best of both worlds). We rode on a ferry, ate in the Space Needle, went to the original Starbucks and visited Pikes Market.

Finally last weekend we went to Chris and Julia's baby shower in Fort Collins. I have a feeling this is the last picture of us pregnant ... after this we are going to have babies in hand! If you haven't noticed in other pictures, look how big my gut is! When I was 32 weeks I was measuring like a 36 week pregnant woman. YIKES! On Sunday we went to visit Tim and Tracey and beautiful newborn Emily Grace! She was so tiny and perfect!!! I MADE Eric hold her because it had been 10 years since he held an infant. Of course he had to sit down but heck, he held a baby and actually really liked it. Later that afternoon we had our hospital tour and also went to my moms to sort through all of our baby stuff which capped off our baby filled weekend.
Note Chris has his Poopy Diaper toolbelt ... I need to get Eric one!!!

Little Miss Emily and Big Boy Eric!


I am not going to lie, I had a bit of an anxiety attack last night after all the baby activity overload. I could not stop thinking of all the stuff we still have to do before little Deegan comes. We have been pretty relaxed about everything, but I think I got my reality check! I spent all day writing out lists so that I can stop thinking! I just want to stop thinking! Well next weekend will calm my nerves because we are going to FINALLY do our nursery. I'll be sure to take a before and after picture for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment