.JPG)
Wow, the holidays were a bit different this year with a little Bug in our lives. It certainly was not about us this year ... it was all about Deegan. We were constantly on the go with family in town and holiday parties. Deegan was off his sleep schedule, went on a food strike and went several days without taking a bath due to the madness. Just in case we did not feel stressed enough, Bug came down with a horrible cough, fever and ear infection (we found the later out hind sight) on Christmas Eve. The timing was perfect ... NOT! Eric was driving to the ER Christmas Eve before I was able to explain that we all get sick sometimes. I just love my over protective papa-bear.
Needless to say we were spoiled rotten by our families and we are so grateful to have such a wonderful people in our lives.
.JPG)
Christmas Eve - Deegan is opening his very first Christmas present with Grandpa Chris ... He really liked the wrapping paper (go figure).
.JPG)
Eric's Brother brought their puggle - Lily - and Bug fell in love. He would talk, squeal and scream at her. She was a good sport about letting Bug pull her ear.
.JPG)
He just loved to look at her ... and NO, I am not buying a dog. NO NO NO!
.JPG)
I like to think this is mommy's present ... its the gift that keeps giving.
.JPG)
Eric and I on Christmas Morning at Grandma Donna's
.JPG)
Bug and Uncle unwrapping / eating a Christmas present. This was the first time the two met and I think they hit it off nicely.
FLORIDA
We decided to make a quick (and I mean quick) trip to Florida to see my Grandparents and Aunt, Uncle and Cousins. They had been counting down the months, days, minutes to see Deegan. He was still under the weather when we went but he did not disappoint. The worst part of the vacation was the flight by far ... he cried for 4 hrs on the plane. Sorry to all those passengers, we should not have brought a sick baby on the plane but we had places to go and people to see. I almost started crying too but I knew I had to hold it together for Eric cause he might have jumped out of the plane to get away from his crazy family.
.JPG)
The first day there, we went to lunch on the beach and bug decided to taste the catch of the day: Mahi Mahi!
.JPG)
What did you say? I should eat you ... Ok!
.JPG)
The second day actually busted out the bathing suits and hit the beach. Eric has decided to go on a diet since this trip and I am never going to wear a bathing suit again ... and they lived happily ever after!
.JPG)
Bug was in AWE with the ocean and waves
.JPG)
BUT ... did not like the
crashing waves. I don't blame him, they are loud and scary!
.JPG)
He warmed up to the idea after a while.
.JPG)
Our little surf dude
.JPG)
Eric hates the way he is standing in this picture. Feel free to give me some grief next time you see him :) LOVE YOU BABE!
.JPG)
I think this should be a Corona commercial ... if only I had a bottle on hand. Please note, my child is on a beach blanket in an inflatable bath tub because I HATE sand. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT! Riddle me this: I love the beach but hate the sand. Eric thinks I am a freak but he asked to marry this freak and I come with luggage.
.JPG)
Bug is munching on Great-Grandma's glasses but I am pretty sure she does not care. She is on cloud 9, loving her little man.
PHOTOGRAPHS
Back, back, back in the day ... nearly 8 months ago, we had pictures taken of Deegan when he was just 2 weeks old. I posted some of them but we just now received the rest of our order. Its not that she took that long to get them to us, I just could not decide if I wanted to buy more because of the price. She did a great job and I figured I could cherish them forever :) We scanned them in so our copies are a lot better but I wanted to share some of our favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment