What if .... That is the most common phrase coming out of Deegan's mouth these days. "Mom, what if cars were houses and houses were cars? We would not go anywhere!" "Dad, what if day was night and night was day?"
The things that go thru that little brain are endless. So much so that the kid hardly hears us when we speak to him. We usually have to repeat ourselves a few times because he is having an internal dialogue in his head. He has the most incredible imagination. He is just like Eric in that he comes up with a dozen inventions every day. His spacial awareness is impeccable and he is always searching for the "why". Eric will give him the straight up, scientific, big words answers which usually leads to more questions and busting out the Webster Dictionary. Being the less patient and apparently less smart parent, I give him the "that is just how god made it" answer. Taber seems to accept this answer more then Deegan ... he is totally my mini-me.
The boys are decorating the tree
Taber out with his girl cousins. This is a result of being in Hobby Lobby too long. Clearly he loved it though!
I love when I hear giggles and then the call to find them. I have to search the whole first floor until they bust this wall down and blow their cover.
Annual birthday tradition is to ski my my dad and brother. It is probably my favorite tradition. Evan and I could not get over how the filter made my dad's hair look super white. Don't get me wrong, it is grey but this is a new shade.
Found this little gem. I am pretty sure my dad and I are wearing the same shorts (size and all)!
I do not feel like it snowed all that much this year. That probably means we are going to have a miserable summer with fires and restrictions. With that said, being locked inside when it did snow made for some long days. I usually have a 42 degree rule before I will play outside but desperate times call for desperate measures.
We fill our nights in the winter with swim lessons. The new MAC facility has this awesome interactive floor video game. The boys run and scream like crazy. We looked it up to see if we could buy one ... it is only $10K. No problem!!!! JK!
Deegan went to the school book fair and solely picked this book for the glasses. We got in the car and his first request was to take a picture of him. Love it!
Denver March Pow Wow. We never have any pictures of us. I am trying to change that. Love this guy!
Taber loved the Pow Wow. He wanted to dance so bad. Eric took him down for the intertribe dance and he refused to get down without the proper costume. Looks like Eric and Taber are going to have to learn to be grass dancers and compete :)
We celebrated my grandmother's 91st B-Day a few weeks ago. All the grandkids got together and took her to a nice dinner. She had a great time and we decided we need to do it more often while she is still around. She never ceases to amaze me with her physical, mental and spiritual capabilities @91. I sure hope I get those genes.
Spring Break 2015 ... OMG ... NOT the same as Spring Break 2002. That was a LONG 2 weeks. I joked with Eric one night when the kids went psycho one night that I was drinking tequila and posting my resume on Monster. It was hard to create a routine. I am praying the summer is not so long with the pool and a "summer routine." We did make it to the children's museum. It was fun for the 45 min we were there. It was not as large as I anticipated so I was thankful there was a large park just outside that they played on for over an hour. Little Deegan just loved being a fireman.
Taber and his babies ... or nuts, in his nest with his girl Holland. They were adorable.













No comments:
Post a Comment