Sunday, August 30, 2015

Back to life ... Back to Reality (Gotta sing along)

Oh buddy! It has been a LONG time since I have had a MOMENT to blog. The end of the the school year became a blur and I am not sure we have regained our vision or balance. Honestly, I am not sure how we would do everything we do if I still worked. Eric is killing it at work (seriously, I am so incredibly proud of my 'diamond in the rough'), the kids are crazy busy with sports, tutoring, speech and school, oh, and did I mention we had a roommate for 8 weeks? 

Our talented and beautiful niece had an opportunity to dance with the Colorado Ballet for 6 weeks this summer. Eric and I tousled the idea because it was a huge commitment on our part with the driving her 6 days a week and balancing our daily lives. At the end we could not be 'dream-crushers' and decided to name ourselves the 'dream-makers'. Sounds super cheesy but Karli is that gifted at dance. Not going to lie, it was more labor intensive then we anticipated and traffic flat out sucked! The boys and I could be in the car for 3+ hours a day. Luckily, Eric picked up way more slack which allowed the kids to play and I could put a hot meal on the table. It was nice having another girl in the house as I have never experienced that in my life. We had a summer bucket list and it was fun crossing it all off and the boys loved spending time with their cousin. It will be a summer to remember. 

 Deegan celebrated his 6th birthday at Dart Warz (duh)! The best part was that we had more adults then kids playing! To say Deegan had a fun birthday is an understatement!


 The big kids sitting out. I do not think I will ever forget the image of my dad hitting the floor as soon as the first darts were fired. He got serious! 

Taber and I seem to gravitate together with common interests and same with Eric and Deegan. With that said, I love when this little boy decides he actually wants to build something (vs destroy and throw). It is my favorite when they bond with Eric. 

Growing up, we always had a rope swing at the cabin. It provided hours and hours of entertainment (seriously, hours). The dang Beatle kill forced my dad to chop all the lodge pole pines off the property and we said good bye to the rope swing. Well, 10 years later, we are making a new one. It is not as high but nonetheless, it is glorious and gives the boys something to do. 

Deegan getting serious on the rope swing. 

Every morning I throw the boys clothes down and usually they are good at picking their clothes and getting dressed. This day however, not so much. They switched clothes on accident until I pointed it out and they thought it was hilarious! So cute!

I remember field day being the BEST! I loved playing all the games, getting wet and winning (yup, I had issues at an early age). I was so excited for Deegan to experience his first Field day at the end of Kindergarten. Just like me, he loved ... and for the same reasons :)

That goof and his awkward smile. Oh boy!

So for Deegan's birthday, he asked for his own role of tape. Yup ... Tape. He loves to construct and build (opposite of his brother). Deeg can find anything to tape and he goes all out with his creations. Some day he is going to be just like his dad.

Sums it up. 

Little T-Tot, Love-bucket-of-joy, sweets of my life, T-Dizzle my nizzle, etc turned 4! I have a 4 and 6 year old ... WHAT!!!! Folks, those are not babies, those are kids! I told Eric I may need a 3rd and then I came back to life ... back to reality and realized I don't. These 2 are perfect and I have to embrace every moment because it goes fast.

My phone was jacked and this is what I found! Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment