Monday, August 31, 2015

Florida Bound

Throw back Monday! Oh, how we have blossomed. My senior year in college I was waiting tables and a high school friend's parents sat in my section. It was great catching up and talking about the old times. The mom noted that I "blossomed" several times. At first I thought it was very sweet but by the 4th time I was beginning to wonder how 'fugly' I was in high school. I am well aware those were not my glory years as I seemed to hit the awkward stage late but jeezo lady, I did not know it was that bad! Fast forward 5 years and I bring you to the picture below. Can I just say that I believe as a couple, Eric and I are blossoming as we age. Not all people "blossom" in this direction as I see old high school hotties fat and bald on facebook. Hopefully this trend continues but I will admit, I feel better now then I did 10 years ago and Eric can say the same. 


We took our annual Florida trip to see my mom's side of the family. The kids always have a blast and it is always a MILLION degrees outside when we go. We stayed in a new resort where the pool water was the same temp as outside (I could spend the whole day in the water vs my 20 min stints in CO), and the seaweed was horrific. Seriously, I did not get in the ocean even once nor did I attempt to lay on the beach because of this nasty stuff. It was scratchy and stinky and filled with bugs. That is not my style. Sooooo, we spent all our time in this little pool for 6 hours a day for 5 days and you know what happened ... my kids can swim. What was I doing spending all that money on swim lessons. Just turn them into fish with no other choices and they figure it out! Hot Dang!


Day 1 above. Please note we still have floaties. Those were soon discarded and never used again. Speaking of never again ... this was the last time they were thrown in the air because apparently it disturbs other swimmers. Bla Bla Bla!

Blossoming!

Papa helped the boys catch sand crabs. I always remember them being small. Well not these suckers that Deegan has in his hand! YUCK! #littleboys

When you look at this picture you may see T getting ready to eat a big bowl of spaghetti and mom trying to protect his new shirt. Well, you have been fooled. This is a dress and Taber loved it. He made us put him in a dress at every restaurant and I had to pack some clean napkins for the road so that he could have some at the room. This little nugget LOVES dresses and he will tell anyone! I can't blame the kid ... they are way cooler then some black ninja outfit. We are going into this open minded and let him pretend to be a girl. No use in fighting it and plus he is only 4 and it makes him so happy. 

My hunk of meat! Love him!

Here fishy fishy fishy!

Eric was brave enough to touch the seaweed and help the kids boogie board a few times. Of course they loved it!

Deegan asking why there is so much seaweed!

 We flew back to Colorado on 7/11 which meant we had to stop and get our free slurpee's. Maybe not the best idea before boarding a plane as I was up with Taber 5x! 




No comments:

Post a Comment